View Single Post
Old 09-09-2008, 05:34 AM   #1
davidgrennie

M.O.C. #8606
Finally getting around to it

Hello all! Having been a member since early spring, I finally got around to posting a response yesterday, so I should go ahead and introduce ourselves. My wife, Deb, and I our on our second Montana here in Billings, Montana.

Our first was a used 2005 3400RL that we purchased last year and used for a three week trip to Minnesota and Iowa to visit relatives, plus some weekend camp trips in the Red Lodge, Montana, and northern Wyoming areas. This spring we saw a 10th Anniversary 3465SA at a local RV show and really liked the separate bedroom without the bathroom sink and shower in the bedroom, as well as several other features, so we ordered one.

After a couple of local weekend shakedown camping trips, we headed back to Minnesota and Iowa for 2 months this time, taking in my 40th year high school reunion, as well as a visit to Offutt AFB in Omaha, Nebraska, where we were stationed for 3 years in the early 80's.

Now we are back in Billings and hope to get at least one or two local camping trips in before the snow flies. A tip of the hat to the couples in Dillon, Montana, and Seward, Alaska, but my wife doesn't feel adventurous enough for that kind of camping. I remind her that during the 14 years we were stationed at Elmendorf AFB, Alaska, we camped in the chilly rain on the Kenai peninsula in a tent, but she replies that she was a lot younger then! My first 8 years in the AF were in Photography, with the last 12 being in Computers and Communications. In addition to Offutt and Elmendorf AF bases, we also spent 3 years at Travis AFB, California.

I suppose I've rambled enough, but I'm glad to have found the MOC and these forums, as they are an indispensable source of information!
davidgrennie is offline   Reply With Quote