View Single Post
Old 10-06-2007, 04:21 PM   #1
stiles watson
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2059
God sends people

Sometimes it tastes bitter to read, "In everything give thanks for this is the will of God, in Christ Jesus, concerning you." Never-the-less I find it to be true. It is hard to see his provision going forward, rather it becomes clearer in hindsight. So much support has come from all directions. You, the MOC family have been great to offer help, encouraging words, and prayer.

Logistics of attending Dianna while I am gone to gather our truck and Montana have come together. A Deacon and dear friend for a church where I served as pastor years ago took Dianna and me into their home as she awaits surgery. He will travel with me to Toronto to help me drive the rig back to Texas. He is traveling on a Buddy Pass supplied by his friend, an employee of Continental Airlines.

When it was learned that since we are crossing the border, A Buddy Pass traveler must be accompanied by an employee or a member of the employee's family. This lady I have never met agreed to take time off and fly with us to Toronto and then turn around an fly back to Houston the next morning.

My friends in Toronto were happy to provide transportation and overnight housing for her. They will get her to the airport by 4:00 AM for a 6:00 AM flight.

The trip to Texas is 1500+ miles. We will try to get back in time for Dianna's surgery Thursday without pushing either man or machine unduly. Plans for her to be attended if I don't make it back in time are made.

I have a place to park the rig at no cost for a month while I figure out what to do on a longer term basis. Temporary housing for post surgery recovery is still a challenge to address, but I believe it will come clear when the need is eminent. I find that God is never early, never late, always on time. I panic when I can't see the solution in advance of the moment of need. Then I read, "Fear not and be of good courage."

We have experienced great blessings , but the real battle is in front of us. Your prayers are coveted. Thank you again.
stiles watson is offline   Reply With Quote