View Single Post
Old 07-02-2007, 04:19 AM   #1
Wandering Star
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #50
Back from the Cape

Just spent three weeks at the Cape and came home Friday afternoon. weather was great and the only thing we can complain about was they shut down the over the road beach trail due to nesting plovers, this stop all activity of 4 wheeling to the beach for swimming and fishing. What hurts is that a permit cost $180.00 for the season, got four days in before the nest hatched. Closure is for 26 days. Good thing about it is that were going back in September for 5/6 weeks. Both the natives and the visitors are very upset over this, one for revenue and the other for vacation. No wonder I see signs around that say plovers taste like chicken.

My other big adventure was the return trip home last Friday afternoon. Truck lost it's fan belt due to a bum water pump and there I was doing 60 miles a hour with no brakes or power steering. I was able to get off a ramp by literal standing on the brakes and muscle the steering wheel. Came across the intersection through a red light with smoke billowing from the hood and into a Burger King restaurant. What to do now, Friday afternoon four o clock on a holiday week end. Found a mechanic on the third try who came out and said he could get the belt but the water pump would have to wait for tomorrow. Well to make the story short he fixed the truck the following day and said when we pick it up the keys would be under the mat with the bill. Sent it to him when you get the chance. How many people do you find like that, he is one in a million and he makes this life so great. Also the person leaning over my shoulder guiding me to safely get the truck and trailer off the road in one piece is the greatest. He is always there for you and boy did I sure need him then.
Jon
Wandering Star is offline   Reply With Quote