View Single Post
Old 04-17-2010, 11:41 AM   #3
Exnavydiver
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7753
Send a message via AIM to Exnavydiver Send a message via MSN to Exnavydiver Send a message via Yahoo to Exnavydiver
Betty, my wife Betsy just had a rotator cuff surgery done on January 11th. It only took about 2 hours form start to finish but she had a full thickness tear in the cuff so it was part arthroscopic and part good sized incision. She had a sling and large "bump" pillow under the sling. She is still in the sling and just got rid of the "bump" pillow week before last. Her therapy has been long and it will hurt for awhile. We are still in Hardeeville, SC and will be here for at least another month before we can get away from the therapist and head for home in Wisconsin. Do as the Dr and therapist say and nothing more. Don't try to push the envelope or you might be back at square one again. Tell your husband to sleep in the recliner next to yours as the bed will most likely be way too uncomfortable for you for several weeks or longer. Do your exercises and ice the site as the therapist tells you. If they do the nerve block pump you will not feel any pain for at least four days, and when ever you even feel a tiny twinge in the shoulder hit the pump button. You want to stay ahead of the pain, not play catch up with it. Wear loose fitting clothes or sleeveless t-shirts as these are the least painful to get on and take off. If you are Rt handed then practice eating with your left hand, it isn't as easy at it looks. Also don't plan on much computer time during recovery, it HURTS. Good Luck and work hard at recovering. Betsy had me write this.... Dave Ha Ha Ha, Pam you beat me to it....
Exnavydiver is offline   Reply With Quote