View Single Post
Old 06-21-2013, 09:34 PM   #19
D and M On The Road
Montana Master

M.O.C. #49

Debbie, This doesn't really pertain to your situation but thought I'd throw this in there since it happened at the Vacaville, CA CampingWorld which isn't too far from the Roseville/Rocklin CampingWorlds.

I (Margee)was there a few years ago with the Montana and had about $800 dollars worth of work done on it. While the Montana was still in the repair bay, I asked if they could check the tire pressure for me. I didn't like the looks of a couple of the tires and just wanted reassurance they were okay before I got onto I-80 to head home.

They charged me $21 to check the tire pressure.

I went inside to the desk and spoke with a manager who backed up the technician's quote of having to pay to have the tires checked.

I ended up paying the $21. There wasn't anywhere else around the area that I knew of to take the rig and check the tires.

I didn't think of it at the time, but I should have left the Montana there and gone over to the Home Depot or Lowe's which are just a couple of miles from the CampingWorld and bought a gauge and gone back and checked them myself. I would have rather spent the time doing that than even buying a gauge from CampingWorld.

I was pretty mad about the charge and was going to write a letter to CampingWorld but never got around to it.

We'll be interested in hearing how your experience are at the other CampingWorld. That might be our new place for fixing the Montana even though it's about 30 minutes farther from home.

D and M On The Road is offline   Reply With Quote