View Single Post
Old 06-01-2010, 11:04 AM   #4
alandaudrey
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #9011
David I have a 2009 2980RL and I don't know if the wiring has changed in the three years.

My satellite/cable input comes in from the input connector outside. It goes directly to the upper connector on the dual connector plate inside of the TV compartment. (This is the dual connector that you would have the jumper connected if you were using cable) the upper connection is connected to your satellite receiver input. The satellite receiver output then connects to the bottom connection.

This setup allows me to watch satellite on either TV. Only drawback is I have to watch the same program on both TV's.

I have added an additional cable (RG-6) going directly from my bedroom TV compartment and run under the chest of drawers into the vanity and down through the drain opening into the basement. I can then run a second cable to my satellite dish to watch independent programming on the bedroom TV. This requires a second satellite receiver that is installed under the bedroom TV. I am in the process of adding an AB switch so I can select which type of programming I require (if I'm on RV park cable or if I am only using one satellite receiver or using two satellite receivers)

I hope this helps answer your questions.
alandaudrey is offline   Reply With Quote