Thread: Fabrics
View Single Post
Old 01-24-2005, 03:25 PM   #12
Bowie
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1475
Adding our two cents worth here. We ditched the bedspread and shams the first time out. Too much pattern (large brown floral seemed to engulf the bedroom) and there was simply too darn much of it and the pillow shams to store someplace when the weather got too warm to leave it folded on end of bed at night. Have replaced w/ a feather duvet w/ a washable cotton cover and matching covers for our own pillows. They store easily by stuffing in a modest sized stuff sack and are easily washable which the originals were not. Would love to remove the head board--waiting to hear the report on that--think it might have been prairiepoodle who removed it. Will also be getting a plain slipcover for the couch--obviously washable as well. I guess that most of us don't fall in love with the furniture in stick houses we buy from other people--so it is not surprising that we want to change things someone else assumes we will like and has chosen for us in our Montanas. I think it's all about individual tastes and wanting to make it our "own". That said, I would have been happy with less floral and more plain fabrics. However, I bet there are a lot of happy floral owners out there too.
Bowie is offline   Reply With Quote