View Single Post
Old 04-23-2010, 03:00 PM   #2
H. John Kohl
Montana Master

M.O.C. #311
Send a message via AIM to H. John Kohl Send a message via MSN to H. John Kohl Send a message via Yahoo to H. John Kohl
I have done the install and the dryer vent on the outer wall is above the dryer.
I purchased a dryer pipe at lows that has a round in then a 90 degree to a 2"x6" rectangle tube the is expendable. At the top is another round out. There I put a 90 degree adjustable elbow to a solid pipe to the outside vent.I put a full sheet of plexaglass on top of the dryer to keep things from falling down the back or sides. I also was able to put one shelf up top.

Most important I cut a hole in the wall by the steps so I can gain access to the shut off valves from the hall way stairs. Note: We pulled the two outlets out of the wall and let them hang inside the wall and plugged in the to units.

Here is the link to my access hole. I measure the opening in the closet with height and distance from closet door to make the hole in the hall.

I need to give credit to Dave (exnavydiver) who gave the the idea of the mental duct. I did not mount the duct to the wall the pipe (not accordion hose) and the dryer keeps it in place. As well as the shelf up top in my picture.

Here is a picture of the duct I use, I did have the in and out pipe on the same side.

I hope this helps.
H. John Kohl is offline   Reply With Quote