View Single Post
Old 12-07-2018, 11:04 AM   #5
Carl n Susan
Site Team

M.O.C. #4831
Quote:
<snip>
what kept me from taking a bath when going to dump was past experience teaching better practices... i always install the cap with the water hose port in it on my dump pipe(s) and when it is time to dump, i get the rhino hose in place and slowly remove the small cap with the hose positioned to catch any spillage. this has saved me many times from having to clean up under my unit after dumping (i dont leave a mess at the camp site or dumping station, and it is easier to prevent a mess than it is to clean one up )
</snip>
Using the cap with hose port is good, but a better solution is the Valtera twist on gate valve. Hang it on the end of the sewer line and never have to worry about, or deal with, leakage from a bad tank valve. Just hook up your Rhino hose, then pull the handle on the gate valve and any surprises go down the pipe. No muss, no fuss. Another popular addition is a clear sewer pipe extension. Put it in front of the gate valve and you will know if there are surprises waiting plus you can see when the tank(s) run clear when flushing.

P.S. Good job on the fix!

Carl n Susan is offline   Reply With Quote