View Single Post
Old 08-08-2018, 08:23 PM   #29
whutfles
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #17319
I had a 12V oilless which I wore out pumping 80 lbs. So I got a 1hp Craftsman, oil pump, cylinder tank about 20-24" long. I think it runs on about 1100W. But it will take twice the watts to start it. I had 2 12V batteries and a 2000W Napa inverter. It wouldn't start it. I exchanged the inverter for a 3000W. It would start and run OK but would continually sound a whistling alarm with an error code that indicated more was being drawn from the batteries than was being replaced. I replaced the 2 batteries with 2 Interestate 12V large dry cell batteries and runs OK now with no alarm. It airs my G114's to 125lbs. Tank pressure has to get down to 85-90 lbs before compressor kicks in. So when I air a tire, I first release air from the tank till the compressor kicks in, then I connect the hose to the valve stem and let it air until compressor shuts off. I believe the compressor cost $99.00. It starts harder in cold weather. I have opened the tank valve to get it to start in cold. It always runs on 110V regardless of temp. The cables from the batteries to the inverter cannot be longer than 6 feet.
whutfles is offline   Reply With Quote