Thread: Goodyear
View Single Post
Old 02-04-2018, 10:19 AM   #31
greische
Established Member

M.O.C. #20532
Quote:
Originally Posted by Golfmedik View Post
I went to Tredit Tire and bought an extra wheel ($37) and put a Sailun G637(Goodyear G614s weren't available here for a few months) on it as a spare and never travel more than an hour away from home without it, until 2 weeks ago. My reasoning is that when one fails, by the time you get the rig stopped in a safe place, the other tire may have been damaged as it is carrying the load of two for a while. That's why I carry two spares.
Along the same topic, I found on the Lippert website where you can buy another spare tire carrier and winch for under $200. If I can find the room either in front of the factory one(watching for axle clearance) or behind it(watching for ground clearance) I may buy one and install it as I don't like carrying it in my truck bed.
I was looking to see if my carrier that came on my HC would support 2 tires. AFter review, I think it would be pushing the capacity of the carrier. i was debating buying another like you but I think I am just going to leave mine in the bed.
18K/20K Pull Rite slider using Ford Factory puck system
greische is offline   Reply With Quote