Thread: Goodyear
View Single Post
Old 02-04-2018, 06:47 AM   #28
greische
Established Member

M.O.C. #20532
I had Triangles on my SOB I just traded. I replaced them after about 25K miles and they were at the end. I put Maxxis on due to the ratings. (They are the only brand of 10 ply tires I would own). I do believe, however, the main item to long tire life is maintenance. Checking the air pressure religiously and leaving a little room for heat expansion. My HC weighs 10K on the axles. I run my 10 ply at 75 psi to allow for increased pressure from heat. Since 75 psi still gives you 3500 lb capacity per tire I still have a good safety factor on weight. I forget what brand are on the Montana HC but they have a 5 year warranty (If the company has that kind of faith in them I am good with them). When I really start hitting the road though, I will probably step up to the Saliuns. A personal thought, if you are replacing tires, keep the best of the takeoffs, buy a wheel for it and make it a second spare. ($40 for the wheel). I had a friend of mine blow a tire on a smaller trailer 14 inch. To get home with a spare, he roamed around town near the campground and ended up spending $140 for just the tire (14 inch mind you) so he could make sure if he had another blow out he would have a spare. Mine fits perfectly in the truck bed between the hitch and the bulkhead
18K/20K Pull Rite slider using Ford Factory puck system
greische is offline   Reply With Quote