View Single Post
Old 01-18-2017, 02:17 PM   #3
Art-n-Marge
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9257
Send a message via MSN to Art-n-Marge Send a message via Yahoo to Art-n-Marge
I like checking with the dealer usually to confirm that when I purchase the same item elsewhere, it will be cheaper, but every so often, the prices are close or the same. I just pick whatever is cheaper with the price AND shipping. I can't tell you how many times I found a good price for something, but the shipping price made me look elsewhere.

I recently repaired my ladder, which hangs down lower than the backend of my rig. I bent the bottom part driving through a low point in the road enough to cause it to break off at the first support (I'll never do that again). Fortunately I was able to purchase a metal pipe-like insert to rebuild the bottom of the ladder. I shored it up with some extra nuts and bolts and I have confidence the ladder is stronger at that point than before. However, my ladder is rated for 250 lbs and I would still honor that weight rating. Fortunately, I weigh 165 lbs with clothing and that leaves 85 lbs for whatever else I'm carrying if I needed to get on my roof and I don't think there's anything weighing that much if that ever came up. I would make several trips up if necessary. (One of these days I might need to haul a 2nd A/C up onto the roof, but I don't think they weigh upwards of 85 lbs, or do they? The tools and other stuff would go up on a second trip.)

Good job on the research jlb27537. You're gonna probably need a ladder to install your replacement ladder... heh-heh.
Art-n-Marge is offline   Reply With Quote