Thread: Dish TV Change
View Single Post
Old 08-23-2017, 11:04 AM   #1
timandpeggy
Established Member

M.O.C. #17685
Dish TV Change

So, about 2 years ago when we started to full time, I did a bunch of research regarding satellite TV service. We had had both Dish and Direct over the years, and didn't really see much difference, so neither had an advantage.

We decided to get a Winegard Pathway x2 as we could use 2 receivers, and it was an automatic finding Dish. We did some adapting with some OTA adapters (that Dish's tech's didn't know about) so we could get locals without having to change service addresses each time we moved. Everything worked well until 9 Aug.

When we went to bed on the 8th, we had all of our channels on both receivers (we have the 250 channel package). When we got up the next morning and found some of our favorite channels (TBS, Fox News, Spike TV to name a few) were non existent, on either the channel guide or by going directly to the channel.

I called the tech folks on the 10th (had things going on on the 9th) and requested help. The Tech was helpful, to an extant. He had me reset the main receiver numerous times after sending a signal to it, and I continually told him that everything was fine the 8th, and I was looking at satellite 72.7 for the 2 receivers. After about an hour, he sent me to the outdoors folks. They said as long as I had a signal, it wasn't their issue. I gave up, at least for the weekend, and reattached Monday, after finding about 30 channels were missing. After going thru the same fiasco, I finally decided to wait until we relocated.

We got to Sheridan, Wyoming yesterday and I went thru the normal setup, aligning on 72.7. Guess what, same thing. O.K., something else is up. I reset to a single receiver, and surprise, we have all of our channels.

This morning, I called to kill the second receiver, and when the rep asked why, I explained the issue. She looked thru our account and saw all of it. She contacted a long time Tech and was told that the night of the 8th, a channel lineup was accomplished, and 72.7 didn't have all the channels anymore. She said to fix it, I need a new satellite dish. Yeah, I don't think so. If the company makes changes, but doesn't notify anyone (techs, customers) of the changes, that ain't too spiffy. So, we're going to start researching out going to Direct.

Another fine example of customer service.
timandpeggy is offline   Reply With Quote