View Single Post
Old 01-03-2011, 03:33 AM   #1
bncinwv
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6846
Holey Moley what a process!!!

Per a previous post, I bit the bullet and decided to purchase the lifetime maps update from Garmin. I finally got around to updating the maps yesterday evening on my prehistoric Streetpilot 340C garmin. I tried it on my work computer and wasted two hours trying to get the necessary computer upgrades installed and then switched over to DW's laptop which runs Windows 7. Everything went well other than the time required for the map installation, preparation and transfer. Everything was accomplished last night at 11:15 p.m. after a total three hour process, an hour and a half of which was actually the process of upgrading the maps. We did have new construction in the local area on US Route 35 of which I was pleased to see that the new road is now on the GPS. Hopefully the new construction on 220 at Rockingham, NC will be there too, that constant blathering of "there is a better route available" and "re-calculating" will hopefully go away as well on this years trip to the beach!!
Bingo

Bingo and Cathy - Our adventures begin in the hills of WV. We are blessed by our 2014 3850FL Big Sky (previous 2011 3750FL and 2007 3400RL) that we pull with a 2007 Chevy Silverado Classic DRW CC dually.
bncinwv is offline   Reply With Quote