Thread: Loyalty?
View Single Post
Old 08-07-2016, 06:26 AM   #9
dieselguy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3085
I've had 3 Montanas since 2000. I wouldn't say I'm brand loyal, but more brand attracted. Unfortunately with the shift towards marketing to full timers, I doubt if my next buy will be a Montana. I don't need a mega fiver and the traditional Montana has few models in the 33 - 35' range. I'm still kinda chapped as well about current Montanas being more of the old Mountaineer version and having to lay out several thousand more bucks for the Legacy Package to make it what I feel is a Montana. I've had a few issues along the way (as with any brand) but Keystone has made them right. One thing that gives me a wider view of the RV world is on the side, I spin wrenches on RV's not being brand specific. I also have close friends that are RV techs. Keystone used to be hands down the best consumer support manufacturer ... It no longer holds that corner above others. There are a couple of manufacturers that offer what I have experienced as an equal level of customer support. Winding this down ... Montana's are still a good bang for the buck in their class. Frame issues, Level Up issues, A/C issues, Fridge issues, Suspension issues, and Slide Out issues are a given on any brand today as most all these parts are made by the same vendors and just installed by the various manufacturers. Unfortunately what we personally view as a Montana has migrated away from our RVing lifestyle.
dieselguy is offline   Reply With Quote