View Single Post
Old 08-03-2016, 04:27 PM   #13
Bama Camper
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #15888
I have a 2015 305RL. Pretty much the same as the 2016 with a few modifications to the floor plan from what I understand. Also, the 2015 is 100" wide, I think the 2016 is 96" wide.

Things (repairs and problems) have settled down after the initial "infant mortality" period. The major problems we had were with the systems and not the camper per se - leveling system (front leg problems) and refrigerator (wouldn't cool on AC power but would on LP), neither air conditioner was cooling properly (air dams that were not in place from the factory), and a handful of minor problems. These were all covered by warranty and were aggravating, but not disabling. We did have a pretty good list that was generated at the PDI; things like loose drawers, bad cable wiring, lights falling off, stopped up shower drains, fender skirts falling off because they were not installed properly etc. So, don't schedule a long camping trip for the day after the PDI! These problems are not unlike most campers now. A lot depends on the dealer (seems like Keystone relies a lot on the dealer to provide QC and finish the rigs now). As the others have said - do a GOOD PDI. Take your time.

We have taken the camper on two major trips - one out West (10 weeks & 6000 miles) and one up the East coast (6 weeks & 4500 miles), and we had no major failures. Other than that we have taken 10-12 short trips with only routine maintenance required. The total mileage on this camper now is probably 18-20K miles. I repacked the wheel bearings just before the last long trip, but, on inspection, the camper didn't really need it. Two bits of advice - 1) replace the OEM tires. I replaced mine the day after I got the camper home and have not had any problems 2) be careful backing up over curbs and such, the leveling jacks in the back hang low.

This is out fifth RV and second fifth wheel. We have enjoyed the camper immensely and think it is one of the best floor plans out there. Good luck!
Bama Camper is offline   Reply With Quote