View Single Post
Old 01-05-2017, 03:58 PM   #1
Stephen Pepper

M.O.C. #19345
Send a message via AIM to Stephen Pepper
My wife and I are looking at a new Montana HM305RL

I have several questions that maybe this forum might be able to answer. Thank you in advance for your help. We have a 2016 Dodge Ram 2500 extended cab 2 x 4. The numbers seem to say that I can pull a 16,100 pound trailer which is well over the 10,120 pound shipping weight of the 305. Am I missing something or do I have that right. As you can see, I'm new to this. There is an old saying that we sailors have. It goes like this: Sailboat, motorboat, motor home, rest home. We've lived on board our sailboat for 13 years and covered a lot of water. The switch to a 5th wheel and full time living won't be much of a change but the truck/trailer combination is totally new to us. My Jeep is under powered, my sailboat is under powered and I don't want to make the mistake of getting a trailer that is to much for the truck. I believe the 305RL would work but would like your opinions. Secondly, is the 305, based on your experience, to large to get into most of the state parks around the country? We won't mind staying in commercial parks but would like the up close and personal experience that only state parks can offer. Again, thanks for your help.
Stephen Pepper is offline   Reply With Quote