View Single Post
Old 08-05-2005, 01:17 PM   #47
CountryGuy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #191
We were turned down because there were no campsites in the park we wanted to go to. Learned later that the same park was seriously considering going to a 1 dog per unit rule. I was saddened to hear that, but, said, phooey on youeee.

Went over the Bentsen Palms Village, had a LONG talk with the manager there, and cleared the 4 dogs before the reservation was made. BPV is a very nice park, very different from the first park, but VERY nice. I am particularly interested in using the dog training portion, I need more training!

And, yes, Al and I frequently go out without reservations, and do a fly by the seat of your pants type hunt for a place to park. That way if we have trouble (you know bout that), we can stop and fix the problem, or if we feel like running hard and longer than we usually do, we are free to do that as well. We usually start discussing the situation after lunch sometime and get out the ole campground book.

We have yet to do a Wallmart or Flying J stop over, but did stay in a state campground in Wisconsin last trip with NO hookups. NONE, not even electric. That surprised me, but it was late, had been a long day and we were not moving! Not after we drove UP that mountain to get to the park!
CountryGuy is offline   Reply With Quote