View Single Post
Old 07-20-2018, 07:39 AM   #7
bshgto
Montana Master

M.O.C. #16013
what a bummer

I installed the Lippert bolt on shock kit on my last unit but took them off before I traded and wanted to but them on my new camper but have not. I was able to get them to an angle of 75% efficiency according to the shock angle chart used for set up on race cars and was satisfied with that and felt it helped with the bouncing on our beautiful highways. Yes I have seen some shocks not that far from horizontal, so what's the point?
I have ordered the Mor/Ryde SRE 4000 suspension and will be here in a couple of days, it has 4” inches of extra travel to help with bumps it says….. we`ll see. I also installed the Mor/Ryde Xfactor cross bars for all 3 points to tighten up the shackles and frame to help with cranking it WAY OVER on a tight back in. I have the Reese 5th Air borne air ride pin box and the Andersen Ultimate to eliminate bucking chucking problems and help with frame shock, both of which voids my warranty according to Keystone. Pin box (frame modification) Hitch (unapproved goose neck modification) confirmed by a friend when he called Keystone. Of course they offered no explanation to the engineering reasoning behind that statement. Can't imagine why she didn't know. I even reduce tire pressure on the Sailuns to the actual weight carried pressure chart, confirmed by Cat scales to soften the bumps. HAHAHA yeh, I know I`m retired and have way to much time on my hands.
I really am curious what Keystone or Lippert will say he did to the camper to cause this it certainly won`t be the frame design. Ruff roads, modifications to the frame? I`m sure he just pulls it like the rest of us and the stupid thing falls apart. If his frame really is “Broken” or “Bent” it's gona be expensive or could be a total loss. I wish this fella luck with his repairs.
F350 Ford Dually 4:10`s w/bags (payload 5595 lbs) Sumo Springs 63 gal aux tank
Reese Goosebox Mor/Ryde SRE 4000 X Factors Monroe shocks.... real smooth ride
bshgto is offline   Reply With Quote