View Single Post
Old 05-14-2010, 09:47 AM   #6
gypsies2
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #10209
Living in Nova Scotia I have travelled this route many times. When you hit the New Brunswick/Quebec border there is a Quebec tourist bureau a mile or so past the border. Be sure to stop there and ask for the best route through Montreal. It could be #20 or #40. Seems to change every day depending on construction. Rush hour in Montreal really slow going. We always try to hit this city on Sunday morning, or between 10am and noon during the week.
When you say you want to pick up the trans canada you mention route 147 & 17. Did you mean 417 & 17?
Route 17 from Petawawa to Mattawa was in terrible shape last fall. Shook a few pieces off my sob tt.
I would suggest route 7 just past Ottawa, west to Madoc, then up to Algonquin Park via route 62 & 127 and then route 60 to Huntsville. From there take route 11 north to North Bay. This puts you back in route 17 to the Souix and Thunder Bay. All these roads were in good shape two years ago when I travelled that route west. From the Souix to Thunder Bay is a great drive!
Hope this helps some. If you need any other info, just let me know

Cheers

Peter
gypsies2 is offline   Reply With Quote