View Single Post
Old 02-03-2020, 08:37 AM   #35
skippydoo
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #25725
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trvlyr's View Post
We tackled and solved our A/C issues last summer in 95-100 degree heat. Removed all supply vents and cut off the 1 1/2" flanges that protrude into the duct causing airflow turbulence. Then resealed all voids between hard ceiling and duct board with aluminum HVAC tape. Removed all return vents and opened collapsed ducts with 1x2 wood strips from Lowe's cut about 8" long and installed on edge and perpendicular to return vents. I read that many are using PVC but to me the rough wood surface grips the duct board better and doesn't need to be adjusted or re-positioned after road trips. The front Dometic Penguin supply temps were 49 in 95 degree heat. We did find the rear Dometic Blizzard NXT blowing 76 degree air and replaced it under extended warranty with a new Penguin that supplied 47 degrees. I check all temps with a Fluke 62 Max IR gun. Anxiously awaiting Spring now!
Thanks-- how did you twist the arm of Keystone to replace 'rear" / living room AC? Our 2019 MHC also has a 7 year extended warranty. So far it has been 100percent useless.
skippydoo is offline   Reply With Quote