View Single Post
Old 07-23-2005, 03:02 AM   #47
Montana_2785
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #2785
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by kozzy45

[...] HOWEVER, I dont not have a 30 AMP and a 20 AMP main breaker, my main is a 50 AMP breaker. Does this mean I have the older style or newer style wiring? My Unit is a 2004.
I guess I just want to know if I have a true 50 AMP service.
I would like to know what is the best autoformer for me to buy, I always use the 50 AMP when it is available. another question, sould I be using the 30 AMP if that us just fine, as it is with many of you?
Eirc, might eed some help with all thus, you seem to have the knowledge here LOL
Seriously, any insight on how the 50 AMP servcie works, especially in my rig, would be great, before I go out and buy an autoformer.
You have the newer "true" 50 amp rig.

Having true 50 amp service at the park plug means that you don't have to worry about how many things are turned on at once like I do. That would be very nice (from my point-of-view..) Question, when all you have is 30 amp service at the park plug available, do you have any problems popping the parks 30 amp breaker? Do you find it anoying to "limit" yourself to only 30 amps or is it no big deal to you? If it annoys you to only use 30 amps, then it would be easier to keep using 50amp service when available. I'm thinking about trying to rewire my unit to be more like the newer true 50 amp capable rigs myself.

30 amp service basically means that you can realistically only use two major appliances at once (AC, microwave, electric water heating element, hair drier, electric heater, ...) In cold weather that is very difficult and is why I want to rewire my rig.

This all boils down to preferences, weight and $$$.

If you really prefer to keep using 50 amp service at the park plug so you don't have to manage your power usage and can pony up the $$$ and can carry the weight of the 50 amp autoformer, then that is what you should get.

If you don't really give a hoot if you are plugged into 30 amp service at the park plug and don't mind managing your power usage or would REALLY rather not spend the extra $$$ then consider the 30 amp autoformer.

Eric
Montana_2785 is offline   Reply With Quote