View Single Post
Old 03-29-2009, 04:06 PM   #27
adelmoll
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2716
We did our PDI yesterday on our new home....** I can't tell you how beautiful it is to us, but you must be able to feel the excitement. I must say though, it has not been a bed of roses.....** First off, we got it a couple of weeks later than we needed it. ..** That was really hard for me because we had plans on being in Dallas today with our grandkids.** Any grandmother knows what it is like when the grandkids are put on hold.... We drove a couple of hours from our place to Cocoa on Friday and spent the night at a campground real close to our dealer...We were told that we could'nt see or walk through our Big Sky until Saturday but we tried anyway.... Our dealer was off that day so we went right to the service bay.*** Now let me tell you, it was one of the most exciting first impressions anyone could have..*** This thing looked HUGE, although it is not much bigger then what we have lived in for the past four years.... If you could have seen it in the bay you would know what I mean...* We were among many different travel trailers and class A's.....* This one was an eye popper....*** Gunner was the one doing the pre delivery prep and he was awesome...** He welcomed us and told us to take all the time we wanted...* We called friends that wanted to see the Big Sky and they joined us about an hour later...** Gunner was fab.... We left to go to dinner with our friends, knowing that we would be returning about 12 hours later and really going to see it...9Am on Saturday we drove our 2005 Tana into the lot at Suncoast RV and started the offical process...*** We found a few things that were taken care of right away, like a swirl mark in the paint that would have driven us crazy but they had an easy fix and it looks beautiful...About 2:00 we finally started the paper work and they set us up in their lot with both doors facing each other.** That would have been great but we not only had the hottest day we have spent in Florida, we also had the highest humidity ever.... We did not have any hook-ups and I thought I would die before they finally moved us to a place where we could plug one of the units in... As I was putting the slides out on our New Big Sky, I heard an awful noise.*** I stopped right away and Bill went to talk to Gunner. ...* He was at lunch so we had a wait but he and another tech solved the problem and the slide worked just like it was supposed to....** *What a day...We finally called it quits for the night about 7:00 and went to get a bite to eat.** It was a beautiful evening and usually when I am at Cocoa Beach, I have a ball but this time we just found an Applebees, filled our starving stomaches,and came home....We started all over today and let me tell you, I ache everywhere.** Gees, why do we have so muchstuff? ...* Oh ya, this is our home.

We finally emptied our 2005 well used and loved 3475rl (so we thought but later found we had forgotten the dirty closes in the laundry basket) and hooked up our new home, only to find that we still need an adjustmet in the slide that they fixed. It doesn't close tight and rain could get in very easy... We will return in the morning and get this taken care of.

We found a new RV Park a couple of miles away and hooked everything up to check the rest before we leave Cocoa...

I have soooo much more to tell you but I can't keep my eyes open so I hope to finish this tomorrow morning... Night
adelmoll is offline   Reply With Quote