View Single Post
Old 11-10-2019, 11:23 AM   #14
lightsout
Montana Master

M.O.C. #24938
this question is not limited to 5er's we just switched from Class A with painted body's FBP is the most popular with Class A. We now have a 3791RD with FPB. Already added a DIY Ceramic coating (good for 2-3 years) and looks beautiful. With that said ours is a 2019 that we bought used (previous owner only had it for 6 months) it had FPB and Legacy (which is required to get FBP) Paid only $58K. With that said would I pay $9k more for FBP no way, while it adds to resale values it also increases depreciation. My purchase was a great example 6 months old (like new) with warranty left no signs of use, MSRP was $110K sold new 6 months prior for $87K, I buy 6 months after new pay $58K. While we were planning to buy new we are so glad we did not as the 1st year or two depreciation is crazy.

Not all FBP is dark we have the Cashmere paint which is light i colors over all. OUr Class A was Black and Golds however we still did not experiece isses with excessive heat related to body color as fiberglass/composites
are not a big conductor of heat

lightsout is offline   Reply With Quote