View Single Post
Old 09-18-2019, 05:48 PM   #1
bshgto
Montana Master

M.O.C. #16013
back to the drawing board?

trying to get to sleep at the Hershey show after a day of viewing the new units ( didn`t see anything that made me want to buy a new camper) and the wife says she hears the water pump running. well we are in bed so no one could be using the water. Not fully comprehending whats going on cause I`m half asleep and she says it`s still running. Ok not wanting to deal with anything I just turn off the water pump off and say I will deal with it in the morning.
Ok so up and turn the water pump back on, go out side and see water running out of the bottom near the pump so off with the pump and start tearing things apart and this is what I found..
After some research on face book another fellow had the same thing happen and he surmised that the heat from the hot water heater caused the fitting to become brittle being so close to it and hot water being in the pipe full time, and it just gave up from the pressure. Maybe? Comforting thought , there are many many plastic water fittings in the general vicinity if you can see them in the mess of wires and pipes that Keystone says is the quality work they do. I just cut out he whole fitting and used a Shark Bite tee to fix easy peasey. BUTTTTTTT is this a trend of things to come? I think I`ll buy some different Shark Bite fittings to keep on hand just in case. It made a pretty big mess of water to clean up and soaked the floor under the furnace and hot water heater that`s in the one of the kitchen cabinets. This is why I don`t use the city water I fill the water tank and run off of that only. If this would have happened when we where gone all day at the show and on city water it would have totaled the camper with flooding big time. Come to think about it....Hershey show, lots of bargain priced campers, totaled camper from flooding, I think I may have missed the bus on this one.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	PPZD8753.jpg
Views:	95
Size:	172.8 KB
ID:	4681  
F350 Ford Dually 4:10`s w/bags (payload 5595 lbs) Sumo Springs 63 gal aux tank
Reese Goosebox Mor/Ryde SRE 4000 X Factors Monroe shocks.... real smooth ride
bshgto is offline   Reply With Quote