Thread: Mail
View Single Post
Old 02-25-2019, 06:47 PM   #11
rohrmann
Montana Master

M.O.C. #12947
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmb98 View Post
Agreed! After much research, we went with Americas Mailbox. I decided on the plan with online mail access. Spendy, but I can review envelopes to decide what I want them to scan to me. If I need to "pick up" our mail, it's sent to us in 3 days via USPS Priority Mail wherever we are. (Pretty much do everything online these days anyway!) They were very helpful in getting our initial vehicle license tabs, too.

We became SD residents over the summer & our "physical" address is our PMB. We're FTers, so it's kinda perfect for us. (Someone please correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe SD allows PMBs to serve as "physical" addresses without physical presence, whereas other states don't.) Drivers & vehicle license renewals can be done online, also.

We also use Americas Mailbox and have done so for over seven years. The one exception to your post is, every ten years, you must make your appearance to renew your drivers license. We were passing through for our five year renewal, so just did it in person. Americas Mailbox will alert you when it's getting close for your annual vehicle registration renewals and will take care of that for you. Also, if you are over 65 years old, you will need a South Dakota Department of Public Safety Drivers Licensing Program Vision Statement filled out by a licensed optometrist or ophthalmologist before they will renew your license. https://dps.sd.gov/resource-library/...Statement+-885 Once you have your SD license, you will not need your SSAN document, but it would still be good to bring a few pieces of mail that was sent to your SD address or other forms of proof. Good info at their web site. https://dps.sd.gov/driver-licensing/...ications-forms
rohrmann is offline   Reply With Quote