Old 08-29-2011, 02:45 PM   #27
WaltandLynne
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #10151
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by seahunter

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by WaltandLynne

If you have a bad back (like I do), a built in generator is the answer. I have one and I don't have to wrestle with it at all. The issue with weight then is lifting the propane tanks but I seem to like that better than the generator wrestling. The built in will also run the AC when I want it. JMHO.

Walt
Thanks Walt... yes, unfortunately I have a pretty bad back. Trying to get back into RVing so am getting the level-up too so don't have to do all the bending and stooping of that part of set-up. Do you have the Onan 5500? I have heard they're tempermental, but I am wondering if the proper service is completed if they are okay. One dealer said they are like a foreign sports car to keep running Figure the last thing you want when its 100 degrees out is a finicky generator.... Thanks for your reply.

Greg
Hi again... We have an Onan 5500. I think it's great. I do exercise it about every 4 to 6 weeks as per the manual. While doing this exercise I often watch TV in the bedroom right over it. There is some slight noise and vibration but that's to be expected. It has always started for me without a problem as long as there is propane and a charged battery. It does use plenty of propane and you can jump the battery just like you do with a car. Don't ask me how I know. Good luck.

Walt
WaltandLynne is offline   Reply With Quote