View Single Post
Old 11-04-2018, 07:14 PM   #393
dlscott185
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #21450
Quote:
Originally Posted by TennTom View Post
Phizzie, Wife and I just spent a week in RI. While up there we used the furnace quite a bit and noticed the same thing. While walking through the galley barefoot I noticed that there was a direct line between the two vents in the floor that seemed to be raised a bit and was quite warm. Step to either side just a bit a a noticeable difference in temp. Must be a leak somewhere. Also, when trying to use the thermostat in the stateroom the furnace will not work even though it shows that it should. I was thinking I could use the heatpump with the thermostat in the galley and the furnace with the thermostat in the stateroom. Instead I had to use the control in the galley for the furnace in used the fireplace up in the saloon. Used the ceiling fan to help move the air around. 35* outside and a bit too warm inside until we found the right combo for the two.
That would be nice: able to use both heat pump and furnace at the same time. The bedroom thermostat says furnace but it is not hooked up. The kitchen thermostat controls either the heat pump or furnace, depending on setting.

I seem to recall reading in one of the manuals that the heat pump is supposed to turn on the furnace if it can’t keep the set temp. I’ve not seen ours do that. And we’ve come to the conclusion that the heat pump won’t pump heat below about 40 F. So if the forecast is below that I set it for furnace.
Snowy
dlscott185 is offline   Reply With Quote