View Single Post
Old 02-01-2020, 10:06 AM   #28
Daryles
Montana Master

M.O.C. #24086
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ram Montana High Country View Post
Just had a thought - just did an initial wall thru on new camper - dealer was doing upgrades ordered. Cold day so the dealer was breaking in the furnace. When I opened the basement door it was warm. There is a big space above rear basement wall. As a quick fix get some fiberglass insulation and fill the gap.

I will also be getting foam board insulation and insulating the ceiling in the basement - this will also help summer cooling. On the 373RD we are getting - will also need to do the garage in the rear
Actually I think it's a good thing to keep your basement warm. If you have washer hookup, there are pipes going through there to the bedroom closet. Also you want warm are around your convenience center to keep the pipes from freezing. Warming the basement also warms your bedroom floor.
I would insulate the basement walls, floor and doors. Same for the battery compartment. Keeping the battery warm makes it last longer and produce power longer when boondocking.
The underbelly is supposed to be heated. I question that considering the frame is steel, has no insulation and has holes in it.
Daryles is offline   Reply With Quote