Thread: Truck question
View Single Post
Old 12-16-2019, 01:40 PM   #16
PSFORD99
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9051
Quote:
Originally Posted by jetskier View Post
The vertical risers that support the head of the B&W hitch are reversible. You can install them into the base in different configurations. It can be set up with two inches forward of axle to 4" behind on the Ram puck kits. See the second page of the following PDF link:

https://www.bwtrailerhitches.com/sit...026%202018.pdf

Thats an option, but is it good to tow with 4" rear of the axle. I can see centered or slightly forward, which I was under the opinion thats where you are supposed to be.

My Reese slider is mounted to the Reese picture frame adapter on the puck system on my Ram, and it puts the kingpin two inches in front of the axle. IMO thats right where its supposed to be, and thats not by accident thats how they figure that adapter frame ,and hitches to mount. I had the same Reese hitch in my Ford Superduty short bed mounted to the standard bed rails, and the hitch was still in the same place two inches forward of the axle . Two different trucks ,same hitch mounted in the same place. I couldn't change that if I wanted too.

I guess my point is it advisable to mount that B&W that far behind the axle. Sure it solves the clearance issue to a point. My Reese slider ,slides back ten inches , that puts it 8" behind the axle. Heck why not leave it there its only 4 more inches then that B&W while towing, whats four inches at that point.
PSFORD99 is offline   Reply With Quote