Thread: Any Problems
View Single Post
Old 07-14-2004, 10:02 AM   #10
Montana Sky
Montana Master

M.O.C. #889
I have the 3400RL and could only come up with just a few small things I dont like about it.
1). You have to hold the driver side basement door open or have someone hold it open for you if the bedroom slide is open. There needs to be a latch there so it can stay open on its own.

2). I wish the factory would have cut the fender flair over the wheels flush to the trailer so when you walk out the door and down the stairs you would not have that 4 to 6 inches of flair hanging there. (going to have dealership look into cutting it and mounting that piece onto side of rv so it does not come out with the living slide).

3). The sewer hose compartment needs to be larger. (I think this is a problem for all models). I had dealership install hose carrier behind landing gear that is hard pvc plastic. This works better and holds 30 feet of flexible sewer hose. Now I just put the lawn sprinklers and garden hose in the sewer hose compartment.

I have been very happy with this floorplan as I use my coach mainly during the summer as a lake cabin and have family and friends who stop by for the weekend. Even with the hide a bed out, there is still room to walk or sleep between that and the computer desk, fireplace area and another person could sleep between the island and kitchen table. The flow seems to work very well for having 5 or 6 people down for the weekend. I also have noticed that the bedroom area on the 3400RL has the larger armoire next to the bed and shower. Works well for extra sheets and towels for shower. For my personal reasons the extra 2 feet in length really worked better for my needs. You can also get to the frigerator with the kitchen slide closed while on the road as Steve had mentioned on his 3295RK. Both models have the great points and not so great points. Just spend some time in both at your dealership and see what feels best to you. Keep us posted as to which you choose.
Montana Sky is offline   Reply With Quote