View Single Post
Old 07-26-2005, 06:07 PM   #9
cs413
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #3354
According to the Ford tow chart, towing capacity is 18,100. I guess you loose a little towing with the extra weight of the truck. But with a fully loaded Monty at 14,000 lbs. that still leaves plenty of room to go mountain climbing which is what I wanted to achieve - give the truck plenty of breathing room so it will run a little cooler and not work as hard.

Parrothead - While you're searching on-line, look at the MSRP and then at the employee price. When you're ready to look at the 06's that will give you a little indication of just how much they actually can come down in price and still make a profit. If you haven't been to www.edmunds.com yet, that website will let you build a vehicle of your choice and compare it to MSRP, dealer invoice, and what others are paying for that vehicle. This is an excellent guide to buying a new or used vehicle. The MSRP on my truck was $50,490 and after the employee pricing and $2500.00 rebate, sale price was $39,565. I just couldn't afford to pass this up. Almost $11,000 off the sticker - that's the only way to deal. NO haggling back and forth! That truck was offered to me at another dealership 2 weeks earlier but I turned it down because it didn't have captains chairs and I thought it would be easy to find another one with the chairs. Plus I didn't care for their sales tactics. High pressure salesmen turn me off in a hurry and I just walked out. But I was wrong about being easy to find another one.
Then the dealership I did buy it from found the same one and it was still available, so I said grab it. I was real lucky. I think the only reason it was there was because of the bench seats, but they are really nice. I look at it like the little puppy no one wanted, but that puppy turned out to be the best of the litter. I hope so anyway.
cs413 is offline   Reply With Quote