View Single Post
Old 05-03-2018, 08:08 PM   #22
tntkittle
Established Member

M.O.C. #21401
I’m so glad you posted this question. It was very timely for us. My husband I just recently purchased our first 5th wheel (3731FL). So far, we’ve had to back it twice and both times were, shall we say, unpleasurable adventures. After yesterday’s attempt (once we started speaking to each other again), my husband started doing some research on backing and found the same Z Method directions. We walked back to the original site that we tried to get into and walked through the directions. Still not sure if it would have worked (due to some poorly located trees right alongside the road) but I think we would have had a better shot. I’m anxious to get to a big parking lot where we can practice without the trees! It’s definitely got to get easier or else... there are only two options here- 1- sell the RV or 2- find a good Divorce attorney. Luckily, a nice couple happened upon us just in the nick of time yesterday and saved us from backing my husband’s brand new truck right into a tree; otherwise, we may have ended up doing BOTH of those options!!!
tntkittle is offline   Reply With Quote