Thread: MEXICO
View Single Post
Old 12-09-2005, 08:40 AM   #15
Dave e Victoria
Montana Master

M.O.C. #635
adelmole. We were priviledged to own a home on the beach in Rocky point for ten Years. We just sold it a year ago. I really miss it even though we get to camp there or at elgofo a few weeks each year. But, what I wanted to tell you is the best Fish monger in town is Frederico. His stall is the next to the last one as you travel along the Malecon. He is incredibly honest (Once chased me down the street to give me a dollar he had overcharged me.) and will tell you what fish is best. Then, there are two places with the best fish tacos. One is Mary's just as you come over the hill and turn east on the Malecon. The other is the Blue Marline just around the corner from Frederico's. The owner always says, "Wecome Home!" when you enter. Only proble at the Blue Marlin is they don't sell beer.

Now, if you get real adventurous go south out of town towards Caborca until you see signs for Osteons. Follow your nose out through the desrt towards the sea. You will happen on some oyster farms. Bring some beer of your own and enjoy the oysters on the half shell that have just come in from the sea. It is amazing and this is just 60 miles south of the border. You are making me homesick.
Dave e Victoria is offline   Reply With Quote