View Single Post
Old 12-15-2004, 11:19 AM   #4
Montana_2180
Established Member

M.O.C. #2180
Glenn,

I second what snoywbunny said above, with one caveat, er, well maybe two: Get the Linksys router and get the wireless one. You will be happy you did.

Also, if your computers are running different versions of Windows (Windows 2000 and Windows XP for instance), getting them to network can sometimes be very tricky...

It's not nearly as troubling when they are the same version...so prepare for some level of frustration...I work with these things every day and still sometimes struggle with getting them to talk...I've sometimes had to resort e-mailing files to myself and opening them with the other computer to download the file!

Also, if you're using a wireless router, you should consider setting it up with WEP (wireless security) so others around you cannot simply "log in" to your network...

RVers are good people, but you never know so don't take the chance of sharing important data by leaving that important step out.

If you have trouble, shoot me an e-mail and perhaps I can walk you thru it on the phone or something...

Chip
Montana_2180 is offline   Reply With Quote