View Single Post
Old 11-13-2011, 03:32 PM   #7
Rondo
Site Team

M.O.C. #7560
Being from Omaha I have noticed the increase in diesel over the past two weeks (from $3.74-$4.15)! The excuse of high usage by the farmers is definately a lame one! I have only seen ONE farmer out in the field picking corn over the last two weeks! That was today and he only had about five acres left to complete his harvest. Since we came back from the Fall Rally in mid October the fields of corn and soybeans have been harvested completely and most of them were cleared before we got home. All it is, is a way to drive the price up on the diesel so they can rape the over the road drivers and companies(many of the bigger trucking companies have contracts with the oil companies arranged prior to any of this anyway), the railroads(also proir contracts) and they also know there is a bunch of snowbirds headed on their yearly trip down South. The change over for the winter season is not an excuse either. The diesel that comes to the storage facilites is the same diesel that came from the the refineries this summer. The additives are added to the tanks as it comes to the storage facility or when the tanker fills to take it to where we buy the diesel. Why may I ask you is it only in Nebraska, South Dakota and North Dakota? Could the idea of the possible new Keystone Pipeline carrying crude oil from Canada to the refineries in the South be part of it also? There is so much CR-P on the television and radio about how it will ruin the Ogallala Aquafer (sp) here in the Central Plains. To bad the people of the Central Plains are so gullible to believe this stuff! Also the big problem is the State governments that add on so much tax to the fuels that it's definately hard for the local stations to make anything!
OK, I'm off my soapbox!!
Rondo is offline   Reply With Quote