View Single Post
Old 12-13-2007, 04:52 PM   #15
snfexpress
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5140
Okay, I have to tell you about a deal we got in Texas. We were just driving through and when we got tired, we started looking for a CG. Found one and pulled in. Didn't know what the rates were; didn't care, either.

It was after business hours and the instructions directed me to either put my money in a provided envelope OR wait for the CG manager to find me. I chose the latter, because I always want to inquire about discounts; at the very least we get Good Sam.

So, the CG manager finds me barbecuing and asks me for my money - she was VERY nice, by the way. She told me the rate was $29 per night. I asked about discounts and she asked if we were GS or PA. I responded with PA. She said the price was now $14.50. I said no problem and opened my wallet to give her the cash. She saw my badge and said the price for a night was now just $9.00. I said "thanks" and gave her a $10 bill and told her to apply the change to their club fund. She did, but in return gave me a stack of coupons that we actually used that saved us another $50! So, that night cost us MINUS $40.
snfexpress is offline   Reply With Quote