View Single Post
Old 12-13-2007, 02:29 AM   #9
Glenn and Lorraine
Montana Master

M.O.C. #420
The above replies just about answers your questions so I thought I would add a few comments on how to save on some of those rates.

I would strongly suggest joining Passport America. Passport America member parks will give a 50% discount on their nightly rates. Each park has it's own conditions/restrictions as to when and for how long the discount applies. These conditions can be found on either the Passport America website or in the Book you will get as a member. The cost to join is $44 per year but you can make that up the first week you are out camping. The second campground we stayed at after joining charged $40 per night, we stayed 4 nights at $20 per night. You do the math. Last spring we spent 6 nights at Elite Resorts near Ocala, Florida. The parks rate was $32.00 a night, we paid $16.00 dollars a night. That was a savings of $96.00.
If you do decide to join please reference the following number as it will get me a discount off of next years dues. # CW335639

Email me or send a Private Message if you would care for additional info.

The Good Sam Club is another good club. Good Sam members get a 10% discount at participating camps and Good Sam has other worth while programs you can join.
As far as AAA, many of us have dropped AAA for road service and bought the Good Sam Emergency Road Service. Where Good Sam ERS was used you very rarely here any complaints. Not always the case with AAA. In dropping our AAA membership we also lose any AAA discounts BUT if they give a 10% AAA discount they also will give a 10% discount on any or all of the following. Good Sam, AARP or Senior Citizen
Glenn and Lorraine is offline   Reply With Quote