View Single Post
Old 11-02-2009, 11:53 AM   #4
Art-n-Marge
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9257
Send a message via MSN to Art-n-Marge Send a message via Yahoo to Art-n-Marge
You might want to verify the specifications for your LCD TV. The User manual will specify the lowest temperature for your LCD TV when it's not running (Storage temperature). This tends to be much lower than its operating temperature. Since you are fortunate to keep your unit at your house hopefully you can monitor it.

Steves is absolutely correct that you must know your lowest operating temperature of the unit BEFORE turning it on. You'll need to heat up the rig prior to powering it up or damage may occur.

All this depends on where you live, the climate, humidity, how the unit is stored (shed, cover, open, etc.) and how lucky you live. I live in the southern deserts of California where the evening temperatures can get down to the upper 20's, low 30's and this might be okay for an LCD sitting idle but it's too cold for using it. You might need to know these temps for other appliances like the refrigerator. I had a refrigerator in my garage that got toasted when the temp dropped below freezing and the garage was not insulated. That fridge was rated to run at no lower than 40 degrees.

May your winter be mild and peaceful...
Art-n-Marge is offline   Reply With Quote