View Single Post
Old 10-31-2014, 02:13 PM   #8
Mynabird
Montana Master

M.O.C. #8757
"So what do folks that have mail service addresses do? Are there cards they carry in their wallet that say
"our legal address is just a fake one for mail and such....."
our relatives can be contacted by calling...."? Or if the trooper can get a telephone number for the mail service company is there someone there that can look up next of kin information?"

I just want to clarify a statement made above about the term "just a fake address". It is not fake and we do refer to our address as our "Home Base". Our drivers license, voting info and anything to do with legal ...including IRS,, is our legal address ..for last 5 years.
The on-going "joke in campgrounds" is "I see your license plate says... SD, Texas! FL.
May I ask where home was before? And everyone smiles!!!

As far as sons or daughters forwarding what bit of mail we get... Amazon orders, notices from insurance companies, new credit cards issued in place of expired ones, mail, letters from people we meet on the road, notices from IRS,.... They have their families to care for and have enough on their plate already. So, we chose to be less dependent on them to decide if it worth forwarding.
Mynabird is offline   Reply With Quote