View Single Post
Old 10-07-2013, 03:42 AM   #73
Rainer
Montana Master

M.O.C. #13378
Send a message via MSN to Rainer
All of you that received pennies as a result of a class action suit were apparently ancillary members, and not the principals. You're collection was result of being members of the entire suit and as a result of opting in (default) and not opting out got you the monetary amount you did. You probably weren't even aware of the class action suit until you received notification that you were identified as the purchaser of the product or service which was being sued. I've also received these.

But to be a victorious principal in a class action suit can result in tens of thousands of dollars in awards as it did for our family on our home construction. No one received just pennies. Some received more than others, because some folks house were deemed unlivable and had to be demolished, these house were sliding down a cliff with gaping holes (really canyons!) in their foundations.

I amazed at the number of arm chair lawyers in this group. But I wouldn't be surprised to see a number of them jump onto this forthcoming class action lawsuit especially if they've had OEM ST tires fail within months of owning their trailer/5th wheel and the resulting damage was in the thousands of dollars range. If this money came out of your pocket due to insurance deductibles, I'm sure you'd like to get that back. Since I've owned two new Keystone trailers and have had $4000 in damage combined I'm sick and tired of it, and want proper restitution for a system that is faulty and needs to be corrected.

Keystone and all the other trailer manufacturers know about this, it's no secret, but they will continue this charade until it hits them in the pocketbook, where it becomes more expensive to put substandard tires on their products because of the fiscal consequences. In due time they will realize this, and then advertisements will come out on how good their "new and improved" LT classs tires are. Just wait and see.
Rainer is offline   Reply With Quote