View Single Post
Old 09-01-2013, 01:35 PM   #13
Rainer
Montana Master

M.O.C. #13378
Send a message via MSN to Rainer
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Irlpguy

You must have gotten off the road and stopped pretty quick as that is quite a chunk of tread that was flapping around. I think the OP is from California, if correct then like myself in BC our units were delivered to a dealer a considerable distance from the factory. We have no way of knowing what speed the person delivering the Monty drove. damage to your tires may have occurred before you took delivery.
I'm not sure what you mean by "OP". I personally drove the unit: 1) 500 miles home from the dealer, 2) 1000 miles on a week long shake down trip, and 3) over 8000 miles on "Monte's 1st Big Adventure".

According to Google, the distance from Goshen where the unit was built to Sacramento, CA where I purchased it, is about 2200 miles. So in total the tires had less than 12,000 miles on them, 81% of the mileage by my calculation was by me.

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by IrlpguyI think you would be hard pressed to even come close to a viable suit against the tire manufacturers and the trailer manufacturers. If Keystone or any other manufacturer was concerned about a suit they would not be putting the tires on that they do.
If that were anywhere true, then there would have never been a reason for a class action suit for anything, anywhere, anytime. And we all know that's not the case!

Manufacturers have been known to cut corners to save a buck, and will take the risk of legal action as a business expense. Sad, but true.
Rainer is offline   Reply With Quote