View Single Post
Old 04-01-2017, 03:42 PM   #11
Dam Worker
Montana Master

M.O.C. #17164
I've towed our old Fifthwheel in some pretty high winds going through Wyoming and into South Dakota. More of a angle from left to right so it was not a true cross wind. Blowing hard enough that I couldn't stay in overdrive and between the camber in the road and the wind our unit was at a pretty good angle. Still no problems other than crappy fuel mileage. I think you would be fine in most winds but I would pay attention to the posted signs that warn you of severe side winds as those will be the ones that can wreck your day. I have watched trucks blow over in the wind but that was big time winds of over 50 sustained and gusts up to 70/80 miles an hour. If you start getting pelted with the gravel from the shoulder of the road you better find shelter or get turned into the headwind. The truck would have made it if he could have made it another 1/2 mile as the road changes direction and it wouldn't have been a cross wind. He was pretty shook up mentally but fine physically when we stopped to assist.

Tom Marty