View Single Post
Old 03-10-2010, 03:31 AM   #8
SlickWillie
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6575
BTW, Drifter's RV Resort is actually in Estes, TX. Just had to put that in there, as my families surname was Estes at one time. Don't know for sure how the "r" got added. That is a beautiful park, with some very nice cabins. I've had family that stayed in the cabins when they came down from OK. Last Resort next door is not bad either. DW and I stayed in one of those cabins they have on stilts out by the highway first time we ever came to Rockport.

Are the skitters bad there now? They have lots of trees, and the skitters love them. Man, we've got some big ones this year. I did notice Rockport was spraying last night.

We looked at Drifters, but they will only let you stay for 6 months at a time in it. We need a permanent lot, so we ended up back at ICW.

I might add one other thing. Watch your speed on Bus. 35 between Rockport and Aransas Pass. They are working the heck out of it. I travel it many times a week, and it's not very often I don't see the Sheriff's dept. with someone pulled over. Hate to see someone get a ticket and spoil their visit. Also, Rockport PD has really been working where Bypass 35 ends at Broadway in Rockport.
SlickWillie is offline   Reply With Quote