Thread: MS Outlook
View Single Post
Old 12-01-2009, 12:53 PM   #20
Waynem
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7673
Yeah! I'm interested in how Don is doing also.

I recently had to purchase a new laptop. The CD drive would not stay closed in the old one so i used it on DW for a new one. I really wanted a MAC, as I have an iMAC 24 here at the stick house and a PC laptop, but the MAC was twice the price of a PC and I could not justify it. I saved about $60 in taxes buying through the military exchange, and I saved another 6-700 by not buying a MAC. But I sure would have liked one. I just could not justify it.

Microsoft Office for the MAC is a little different than for the PC, especially the Email program, Eudora. MAC also has it's own email program and recently we had to switch over to it when Eudora keeps getting a -3211 error. It's associated with Norton's Internet Security so I'm waiting for a fix.

On the PC Laptop I let DW use MS Outlook, and I use Thunderbird, which is a free Mozilla email program. Microsoft is over rated as far as I'm concerned, when the free stuff works just as good, if not better. www.openoffice.org for open source programs that emulate the MS Office software, and it's free. For a browser I use Firefox, another Mozilla product that is free and does not have all the junk that I think IE has. Safari is another browser similar to Firefox. My personal take is that Firefox and Safari both run faster than IE. It's to back we can't uninstall IE, but then Windows would break. Oh well.

How are you doing, Don?
Waynem is offline   Reply With Quote