View Single Post
Old 04-04-2007, 02:09 PM   #10
Dean A Van Peursem
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5583
Wednesday night Status:

Stopped by the dealer this afternoon. They said they were done. Started asking questions. Brake issue not resolved. They put it behind their shop TV and were not able to duplicate the problem. I asked if they had taken the wheels and hubs off to check the wiring inside? NO. Why not? Response: Not authorized by Montana. Asked if they had called Montana. NO. Requested they call Montana in the AM to get authorization. They said they would. I also volunteered to hook it back up to my TV again to see if it could be duplicated but I'm still very concerned about an intermittent problem. This is a major safety issue! Very scary and do not understand the dealers reluctance to get to the bottom of the issue. I asked to make a joint call to Montana in the eaqrly AM to get this problem escalated at the factory. The dealer doesn't want to do the joint call for some reason. I will do so myself in the morning.

Second major unresolved issue is the Super Slide roof sagging and binding on the carpet. This dealer wasn't going to do anything to fix it. Asked if they had contacted Montana for guidance. "NO" was the answer. I again requested they contact the Montana factory to find out how to get it fixed. The roof is sagging again in the middle as well even after the metal stiffiner was added when we first purchased the unit. This is another major issue as the upper rubber seal does not seal anymore in the middle. The tech stated that he could put his finger between the seal and the roof of the slide. It's gotten worse since we were in AZ. Have any other 3400RL owners had a recurrence of the roof sag on the Super Slide even after the metal stiffener has been added? This is a major problem as well since rain water will penetrate the inside this way.

These two issues consumed the afternoon conversation to the point I don't know how well the rest of the issues have been fixed. TBD.

I will call the factory myself in the AM to see if I can light some fires! Presently not a happy 3400RL owner.
Dean A Van Peursem is offline   Reply With Quote