View Single Post
Old 12-18-2019, 10:05 AM   #63
7.3Ford
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9808
Quote:
Originally Posted by Theunz View Post
My Trucks' Better Than Your Truck! What? Waite, how can he say that? . . .
Quotes like, you need the most heavy duty truck available because someday you MIGHT get a bigger trailer, or you need a dually because you MIGHT have have a blowout ( really? When was the last time you had a blowout on your truck)
I just sold my 2001 Ford F350 SWR, and have a 2020 RAM 3500 SRW on order. I for one had a blowout on my way to the Mid-Atlantic Rally. DRW would not have made any difference, since it was the left-front wheel that blew. I have since upgraded the steering damper to a heavy duty one that is spring loaded to center.

When the tire blew, the truck made a sharp left turn, causing the 5th wheel to go up one the right two wheels, and then on the left two wheels. In the end the Montana was totaled because the wall pulled loose from the base plate. Except for the initial sharp left (surprise), the truck was easy to handle, and I calmly steer the truck and got off the freeway. And yes I had both hands on the steering wheel.

My HOA doesn't allow me to have a DRW, so I will stick with the SRW.

New truck will have GVWR of 12,300 and GCWR of 33,610. The SAE J2807 Towing Spec is 25,150 lbs, so I should be good for another 18 years.
7.3Ford is offline   Reply With Quote