View Single Post
Old 12-04-2019, 05:42 PM   #36
Hornet28
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #25138
Quote:
Originally Posted by N1282X View Post
I carry the exact same thing of Milwaukee impact wrench and two bottle jacks I have changed 17 blown tires in my life on the side of the road and I've got it down to no more than 10 minutes
Sounds as though if it weren't for bad luck you'd have no luck at all. I've pulled a trailer an average of 6K+ a year for the last 13 years, except this year when I put over 11K on my 2 trailers in 9 weeks time. In those 13 yrs I've had 1 blowout which was my fault I knew I should change tires on a car trailer I'd just bought but figured I'd get 1 trip on them. That was wrong I'd made it to Boise Id. and was returning when one let go. I had all 4 replaced while still in Id. I've had Michelin 10 ply. truck tires on that trailer for the last 6 years and have almost 40K on them all trouble free. In all my years of pulling dating back to the early 60's I've only had 4 flats on trailers. This spring I put 7400 mi on the fifth whl in 5 wks trouble free with Goodyear Endurance tires

05 Mountaineer 298-RLS,
Hornet28 is offline   Reply With Quote