View Single Post
Old 11-30-2018, 07:39 PM   #5
Rondo
Site Team

M.O.C. #7560
Bryan, First , what is the year and model of your unit? What do you have for skirting on/under your unit? Are you running your furnace as well as some electric heaters inside the unit? If you are not running your furnace or have it on a very low setting, you are not putting enough heat into the underbelly where the water lines are. This is a must if you don't want your lines to freeze. You can also put a drop light or cord with a 60 - 100 watt bulb in it and leave it on to put heat into the storage area. Just make sure you do not have it close to anything that will catch fire or you can put a small ceramic heater in the basement/storage area that will do the same thing. I can't help you with the Pirit hose problem unless your hose was not hooked up to an electric 120 plug. It is thermostatically controlled so there may be a problem there. You can also wrap your regular hose in a heat tape, tape it in place with electrical tape, wrap the hose in aluminum foil and then put foam pipe insulation or swim noodles you can buy at any hardware store or Walmart around the whole thing and tape it closed. Drop me a PM(Private Message) and I'll give you more ideas to keep your unit warmer. Oh, by the way, I'm also from Nebraska but we don't live in our unit but I have done a lot of work to keep the unit warmer when in cool/cold weather.
Rondo is offline   Reply With Quote